Thursday, September 11, 2008

A look back... circa 1982ish


So today I thought I'd get a little more thoughtful in this whole blogging thing. I've been sitting down to write a little something at nearly midnight each night and I'm often concerned about getting to bed... tonight I've got a bit of time to reflect so here it goes.

I was scanning photos and came across this one. My brother and I circa 1982ish. It gives me such a cozy feeling inside. Not because I remember this day or anything... but maybe because I don't. :) I have no idea where we are or what we are doing. My mom could probably fill you in, but I'm not so sure that's necessary. Please look at my shoes and my brother's socks. They are amazing. Not to mention Kevin's arm lovingly placed around my shoulder. :) This is a day before two more little sisters... back when it was just us. Like I said, I was too young to have any real vivid memories of these times, but I do remember just loving my big brother and wanting to do everything with him and his friends.

  • I have the best memories of playing baseball with the boys in our cul-de-sac until it got dark out. To this day I think you could take me back there and I could show you where all the bases were... and the pitcher's mound. :)

This picture makes me feel loved all over again by him and I just love it. My siblings and I are very fond of eachother... but we don't call eachother for no reason or talk too much about daily life. That is perhaps something we should all work on... And unfortunately, now that my brother and I are getting older and finally have more to talk about, he now lives all the way across the country in Florida. I miss him not being here and hope that someday he will decide to move his family back out this way. Until then, I look forward to holidays and summer visits with him, Amanda, and those two amazing girls of his. More on them another day... but for now... here is my favorite picture of them... so cute!!!

1 comment:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

This shot is what photos are all about. That feeling it gives you. The fact that it screams LOVE. Those socks that are totally hip again. The scenery is to die for. And you were just about the cutest little thing on the planet. Beautiful post.