Monday, September 8, 2008

Okay... It's day two...

So... I promised that I would post another blog tonight so here I am. I think I might have convinced another person to start up a blog too. She at least has a child to tell stories about, but I am already hooked and the more the merrier! I think she's going to love it. I love reading my friends' blogs. It is such a treat to get a day to day look at their life when we are too busy to talk to eachother on a day to day basis. I'm hoping to use this as somewhat of a creative journal and a way to update those who want to know what I do that requires two crafting rooms :).

This last weekend I was in Eugene for a football game on Saturday and managed to find a scrapbooking gathering to attend after the game. I was lucky enough to meet up with my scrapbooking idol Ali Edwards (she's got a very inspiring blog... I have to figure out how to link it to mine so you can check it out) and a few of her friends. I think there were ten of us there. We got to create a little something and just sit and visit for a few hours. It was so great to have some face time with Ali and have to opportunity to flip through some of her very own amazing scrapbooks. I know it sounds silly to some that a scrapbooker could be so high on my list of idols, but it's true. She is a very real, very talented, and very inspiring person and I consider myself very lucky to have been able to spend time with her.


The next day was Sunday and the same set of ladies had a field trip scheduled for the Coburg Antique Fair which was really a lot of fun. I ended up going with Justin's mom rather than them, but I did find what I was looking for. In one of the books Ali Edwards has written, she had a picture of a piece of wall art that she created out of an old antique type-set drawer. Well... after hours of looking, I found one. It's huge, heavy, dirty, and I'm sorta overwhelmed by the thought that I could ever create something truly hangable... but I'm going to try. Justin came over and helped me out by removing some of the extra dividers in the drawer so that I can fit bigger things. I'll upload some before and after photos when I am finished. Here's to hoping I will succeed in making something useful.

Well... Monday night football, teaching a full day of class, having a broken air conditioner, and purchasing my first 42'' flat screen tv today had totally tuckered me out. Maybe I'll attempt to add a picture to my blog tomorrow. That's the goal.

No comments: