Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What a weekend!

Last weekend was such a wonderful time.  There are lots of pictures to share and a wonderful story to tell about that first night, but really tonight I just wanted to share a fun picture we took on Sunday after some of the girls had to leave us.  :(  
The five of us that were still around after Saturday night laid low until just before sunset and we finally took a walk down to the beach.  We found an old log and stood it on end to take advantage of my camera's timer.  We then proceeded to climb up this dune probably almost 20 times in an attempt to get a good "jumping" picture.  Needless to say, it didn't really work.  The timing was just never right and although there are many "almost" shots, none were perfect.  And then I saw this one.  It's one of the last shots while using a continuous mode where the camera took about 5 shots one after the other.  This is a moment where we are exhausted from climbing, jumping, crashing, and laughing our butts off when we all landed in a pile.  It was so much fun to get to this picture and be pleased with it's imperfect qualities, rather than getting hung up on the imperfections of the other ones.  Here we are, thrilled to be here and thrilled to be together.  I do wish some of the girls could have stayed longer to be a part of this, but understand that they had to leave.  We will do this again soon.  We just have to.

2 comments:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

This makes me proud;) I know that you guys had an amazing weekend. You are so blessed to have each other and I wish I could have gone, but it seems too perfect that it was just the 5 of you that were able to spend this valuable time together. Great shot to capture the feel of the whole weekend! Thanks for sharing.

ENDub said...

I love it Reive! If only I could've been there with you guys that last night....I so wish. Nonetheless, it does look like you had a great time, and for that, I'm thankful. Love you.