Sunday, August 16, 2009

What a great day!

I meant to write last night, but fell asleep on the couch instead.  Yesterday was one of those days you just have to remember.  There is really no particular reason except that everything just seemed perfect.  Justin woke me up with breakfast ready.  French toast... yummy.  We then watched golf for a couple hours on t.v. and I might have even taken another nap :).  We then went to Michael's to purchase frames for some of Justin's artwork that he had reproduced for the house.  We had such a wonderful time at Michael's... We went back and forth on what frames would look best and Justin was just so wonderful.  I just can't explain what a great mood we were both in.  We were there for probably an hour at least just searching the store.  Then we went over to the scrapbooking area where he let me look for another 20+ minutes for something that I wanted... no complaints :).  From there we went to lunch at Red Robin and had a great time talking.  All afternoon Justin was talking about these books he had when he was a kid that taught you how to draw.  He decided he needed to find them again and buy them for the children he knows in hopes of inspiring them as well.  So we went home and got online to find out who wrote them.  He was SOOO excited when he found them online.  I can't even tell you how much the thought of these books lit up his face.  So, we went over to Borders and found one of the books, then to Barnes and Noble to find another one of the books.  For those of you interested they are by Ed Emberley.  I'm guessing some of you had them as well.  They are pretty cool.  After the book stores, we went to TJ Maxx... my favorite and then headed home.  Justin made me dinner and we both fell asleep on the couch while watching Saturday Night Live.  What a wonderful, relaxing, stress free kind of day.  I don't have them very often, so it is worth writing home about.  :)  

1 comment:

shannon said...

YEP!! I remember that guy's books. I used the thumbprint one... it taught you how to draw numerous different animals etc. from a thumb print! Those were really awesome! Thanks for the reminder :)