Saturday, August 29, 2009

Creating... finally

Well, it's been a long summer.  I have been shifting, reorganizing and purging all summer.  Sadly, I still have a bit of work to do, but it's coming along nicely.  I finally downloaded a bunch of photos that I have taken in the last few weeks and wanted to focus on my crafts for a bit.  April got married last weekend and I took the opportunity to make a few things for the wedding.  Here they are, in case you weren't one of the lucky ones who got to see the goods or got to wear one around your neck.  :) 
 Here are April and André's toasting glasses.  They are the first of their kind that I have made, but they really turned out great.  My biggest problem is capturing the beauty in pictures.  They were gorgeous and were made in all the colors of the wedding.  I also made the necklaces for us bridesmaids.  April and Kimber came over to help me design them and here they are.  
Each necklace was made to match our dresses which were five different colors.  It was wonderful to have a little hand in the wedding and it was great to see it turn out so beautiful.  This is the necklace I got to wear.  I was the pink girl.  :)



























One of the other things I did were the cake serving utensils.  They were just beautiful.  Sadly, by the time they were out and used it was dark... I'm not sure they were even seen by many, but I once again just loved getting to help out with the little touches that helped make the day beautiful.
So that's it for now on the creating side of things.  I am looking forward to making a few frames in the near future as gifts and then I finally plan on working on the typeset drawer that I plan to fill with pictures for the photo wall I just created.  More on that later.  :)  

I will leave you with the only photo I have to represent April's wedding.  Sadly, when you are running around like a crazy lady all day, the camera never makes an appearance.  Here are the colors of the wedding, represented in my bouquet.  :)

3 comments:

Beth and Eric Jones said...

You sure are talented my friend!

ENDub said...

I LOVE the glasses and serving utensils! I did not see them that night, but then again, I did fall in pots, so what do you expect, right? Beautiful Reive.

April Silvery said...

Honestly what would I ever do without you???? It is a question that I ask myself in all seriousness. I love you so much and am so thankful for your creative mind and giving spirit. I have told you and probably will for the rest of my life that you were such a huge part of making my wedding day and all the days leading up to it so memorable and perfect.