Saturday, October 4, 2008

What is it about the rain?

Sometimes I feel a little different than most people. Here's my little secret... I love the rain. I do... I enjoy the sound of it waking me up on my skylight at night. I love the smell of it as it falls and I enjoy the smell of it evaporating from the earth even more. Even this morning... when a group of us are meeting to do some yard work for a dear friend... I'm still loving the rain. I can hear the gusts of wind at my windows and see the tree branches bouncing around and the leaves flying across the lawn. In only an hour, I'll be out there too... fighting the wind and the rain drops on my glasses. But for now... I am warm... with coffee in hand and the heater cranking out the warmth... I think that's why I love this weather so much. It reminds me how lucky I am... to have a cozy place to be and feel at peace. I'll probably have to post again. AFTER my day in the lovely wind and rain. But for now I'm in great spirits. I'm looking forward to an outdoor adventure with friends and the fun we will have together. Happy Fall!

5 comments:

Jan F said...

I love the rain too, Erin. I woke up last night and heard it POURING outside. I opened my window to be able to hear the rain and snuggled back in under my covers. A cozy time of year!

Briana said...

Hey Erin- I don't know if I've commented on your blog or not, but I just had to say that you SURELY don't have to have kids to blog! I had to make my sister realize that, too. It's good to see you on here!

April Silvery said...

I totally agree, I think I truly love and find something special about each season and the weather it brings. I never really dread the rainy times they give us a reason to nest into our homes and enjoy the areas we have taken so much time to create. In fact it is ironic that your latest blog is about weather because today I was inspired by the weather and it made me realize how the wind, sun, hail, rain, ice, etc can bring back such vivid memories.

Erika said...

I just found your blog :) YAY!!! miss you & your mom! And i see you have Ali Edwards on your blogs - She's my sorority sister from Oregon State. Isnt she amazing with her creativity?!

good to see you :) I will keep up! here's ours: http://www.reece99.blogspot.com - if you look at ELLIE tags - you are there :)

Cassie said...

Yes, there is definitely something about the rain! There is nothing better than a cozy day inside, in pajamas, with coffee. And some craft projects, too!