Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day Wishes...

Tomorrow is the first official day of school... and not just the official first day for me in the 2010-2011 school year, but for so many of my preschoolers it is going to be their first day as well.  Their first day of hopefully years and years of education.  This seems like a very straight forward thing to say, but I think that some years, I forget and I focus more on how I am feeling about the change of schedules the night before rather than focusing on them.  For this special day in so many little lives, I wish I can offer the following:

~ A safe place to feel happy, scared, nervous, thrilled, overwhelmed, and excited.

~ A wonderful look at what fun learning can be.

~ A space to meet a new friend... whether it be a friend for the year, or a friend for life... (I have those you know:).

~ A place to make art... to create... to find self confidence through making stuff :)

~ A place to sing and dance like no one is watching... and hopefully love every second of it.

~ A place to feel confident and loved by their teachers... and know that we are good friends to have.

~ A space where making noise is not only embraced, but often encouraged.  :)

~ A smiling and comforting face and set of words to make even the most scared more at ease.

~ A set of simple boundaries and rules that everyone can follow and feel pride in following.

~ A really really fun day that they are really looking forward to having more of.


Tomorrow is a big day for us all.  I can't wait to meet my classes as a whole.  I know many of the kids, but don't know yet how they will interact as a group.  It is always such a busy day and I am truly looking forward to it.  Good luck to all of you kids (and parents) out there.  Please know that your kiddos are in good hands.  :)

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

3 comments:

mlyster said...

I wish we lived there...I would love for you to be Brayden's teacher. Who knows, maybe we will by the time he needs to start school, keeping my fingers crossed!

Erin said...

Thanks Molls... I hope you're back here too :)

Cassie said...

Yay! I can't wait for Brooklynn to join the fun tomorrow! She is very excited to be back. What a sweet list you've made. You and your mama are great!