Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love and Valentine's Day

So, for a very long time I have been clicking on my own blog to see if someone else had updated it for me ( he he)... unfortunately no one has been quite so ambitious.  I have been hung up on getting the rest of my December Daily finished and posted on here.  I had some trouble getting it done on the actual days in December, (instead, I made sure to journal each night so that I could do it later) but I have taken several days in Jan and Feb and I am up to day 18 I think.  I will wait until it is finished to post.

Ironically, despite the lack of creative blog posts, I have done more crafting in the last month or so than I have in quite a while.  I had a bit of an anxiety bout right at the new year, I found it to be the most soothing to get into the craft room and get a few things done.  Not only am I determined to finish the December Daily this year, but I also chose to embark on a 365 day project this year.  I have the first five weeks done and the last week is in the works.  On paper it seems like a huge commitment, but honestly, I think it has taken a bit of the "keeping up with my scrapbooking" burden off of me for now.  This 365 project is fairly simple, you can put as much or as little time into it as you would like.  And at the end of the day, it gives me a home for all those little thing that I routinely hang onto like ticket stubs, receipts, and notes from life.   I will post photos of this project as well.

For now, I wanted to share my morning with you all.  I woke up a bit late, as I found myself on the couch at 4am with the Olympics still on.  I slept through most of it, but I did manage to wake up just in time to see an American win the gold.  :)  When I woke up, I grabbed my tea, sat at the computer and settled in.  Now, about a week ago I had gone to Goodwill and found a Precious Moments Golden Book called The Wonder of Easter.  I grew up with Precious Moments figurines, stuffed critters, and books.  They bring some cozy and peaceful feelings with them.   So when I saw this book, I just knew it would be worth the 99 cents.  Today was the day, I found my favorite page that happened to be covered in hearts and made a little something for my parents to leave at their house as a Valentine's gift.  Here it is...


I often put off starting a frame, even if I have a great idea and visual, but today I went for it when the idea came to me and I am so in love with the result.  The picture is of my new niece Laila at about two weeks old.  I was SO pleased to get such a wide-eyed maybe even a little smile photo of her and my mom... makes me smile.  

So, Happy Valentine's Day all!  I am so lucky to be surrounded by love in my life... thanks to all of you for that.  :)

2 comments:

ENDub said...

Reive, I LOVE the frame, and you are right, it does bring about a cozy feeling to those of us who did some growing up in the 80's and 90's.

Can't wait to see more of the December project and the 365 project. I don't know if Justin told you, but we saw him at Whole Foods the other night and I told him to harass you for me because I so wanted to see your creations.

Love you.

shannon said...

Love it! The pastel colors are so cute.... she looks just like Faith :)