Monday, February 23, 2009

I know... it's been way too long

I decided to check in on my blogs that I read this evening and really just had the guilt take over me. I haven't posted in two months! Yikes, that's embarrassing. Part of the problem is that I got a new amazing camera for Christmas, but my computer is so bogged down with crap that I'm almost scared to download the hundreds of pictures I've taken for fear that it's going to make it worse. I know that is a silly reason, but the truth none the less. I need to start a massive computer re-haul and hope that I can fix it up enough that I don't have to buy a new one just yet. I'm putting off the inevitable... I really don't want a two thousand dollar bill to pay on right now.
So, I am working on the struggle of digital image storage... what to do. Is it CD's? DVD's? A hard drive? Online storage? or is it best just to do two or three of these things and hope that at least one method won't fail you? I am one of those people that live and breathe the ability to make and capture and retain as many "memories" as possible. So now that every memory I have made for years is now just a blip on the computer, I'm consumed by the idea that my computer might one day just blow up and all would be gone. So... I just bought myself a fire/water proof Honeywell little safe for a great price and I'm thinking of storing DVD's of my pictures in there and then keep my harddrive out so that I can store them there as well and get to them easily. That is the plan for now. I'm hoping it works. I know this is a silly thing to blog about after two months, but honestly it is consuming my life right now.
So, I'm going to make a deal with you that actually still even bother to look at my boring blog... I plan to upload some of my new pictures from my new camera and will get them posted for you this week. I really like some of the new pictures I've gotten and would love to show them off. So that's the deal... download and blog. I'm working on it... I promise. :)

2 comments:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

DROBO...DROBO...DROBO!!! Would you just go down to Mac Pac and get one today! Geesh;)

Erin said...

Drobo is too expensive for what I need it for right now though. I'd rather spend the $$$ on a new computer first. Plus... is Drobo fire proof? :) :) I'm sorta terrified of having a fire since my house is full of (scrapbooking) paper. :) Devil's advocate here.