Monday, March 2, 2009

Now That's What I'm Talking About


Okay... so many of you don't know this, but... wait... you all know this. I hate to cook. Many of you also know that due to a Christmas morning pipe explosion at Justin's place, he has been staying with me since "Arctic Blast 2008" reared it's ugly side. It has however been everything but ugly at my house... especially in the food/dinner department. Justin enjoys the art of cooking and as a bonus, he is also very good at it. The knives had never been used much, let alone sharpened. The oven had been used only a few times, for frozen pizzas and cupcakes. I didn't have many of the cooking essentials, had never heard of panko bread crumbs (is that how you spell it?) and really... didn't even own a satisfactory cutting board in Justin's opinion. Now... my kitchen is in top cooking condition and I am loving it. Not for me to cook in, but I love knowing that it being cooked in. :) So, I guess that's all I wanted to say. I'll leave you with one more photo... of a lovely dinner.
(Hey Kathy... notice the Gatorade I tried to crop out of the picture... I promise, this was taken weeks ago... baby steps. :)

2 comments:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

Babysteps;) No judging here! Amazing night the other night...that you for being you. K

ENDub said...

Reivus Monkey, I am so proud. I know you didn't cook the meal, but to know your kitchen is getting real use, that C Tig is hookin' up the meals for you...well, my heart swells :) Love you. And if you are getting lessons from Kathy, I definitely need a piece of that. With 2 kiddos, I want to have faith in at least amateur photography skills!